Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ready, Steady, Go...

After a restful sleep, the group was up and going today. I believe that they even got to watch some of the World Cup Final. They got supplies in Nairobi and were off to Ilamen. The conference started this evening. The topics are so varied in the subject material. All topics are so important to growing believers. Some topics will be in a large group setting, and others will be held in smaller groups. I think that even the most confident speaker can be a bit intimidated starting off. Think of the cultural barrier alone. With that thought this scripture came to mind...

"Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, " I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you." declares the Lord.
Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth."
Jeremiah 1:6-9

Please continue to pray for this group serving in faith in Kenya. Pray that God would speak through them to reach those attending and each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment